Oakley Road, South Norwood, London SE25 4XG
Phone: 020 86551098 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our newsletter!
If you would like to become a member of CYTO, please click here for more information.
If you would like to help out and become a volunteer with CYTO, click here
“CYTO changed my life and I have no doubt it is still changing lives. An amazing and very special organisation”
“Being with wonderful like-minded people who will accept you whoever you are and no matter what your background”
Founded in 1965, Croydon Youth Theatre Organisation has been a constant part of the community in south London for 50 years and is a professionally-led youth theatre based at the Shoestring Theatre in South Norwood.
We give young people, aged 13 – 22, from across the borough of Croydon and neighbouring areas, access to drama and theatre activities to increase their confidence and life skills. These activities immensely enrich our members’ lives and the lives of our communities. We are inclusive, accessible, fun, challenging and diverse.
Our strategic aims are:
- To provide opportunities for creating live theatre performance for members with a range of abilities and experience, enhancing their life and employment skills.
- To include young people in the programming process, producing high quality work that is relevant to their lives and reflects their concerns.
- To create stronger communities, developing partnerships with schools, stakeholders and community groups, and engaging volunteers in widening participation.
- To be truly diverse and inclusive in all our practices and activities, reflecting the communities we serve.
CYTO is all about creating great live theatre with the young people of Croydon within a safe, inclusive, supportive environment. Members are encouraged to develop not only their performance skills, but gain confidence and learn new things about themselves.
Members are also given the opportunity to gain experience with all aspects of live theatre. CYTO offers young people opportunities to learn about directing and producing, backstage crafts, such as costume, hair and make-up, and also gives them a chance to learn up-to-date technical skills, including lighting, sound and scenery design as well as many other things involved in putting on a performance. CYTO strives to teach members theatre skills in an enthusiastic, creative and fun workshop environment.
We are currently recruiting for:
- Development Administrator - please see the job description for details on how to apply CYTO-Development-Administrator-JD.pdf